These Terms and Conditions govern your use of three websites, DrSarahBrewer.com, ExpertHealthReviews.com and MyLowerBloodPressure.com and any connected services delivered by email, or other means, that are provided by Medilance (Guernsey) Ltd (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) together referred to as ‘the Website’. By using the Website, you will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms.
Competitions run on the Website are subject to the following rules (unless otherwise specified):
- No purchase is necessary.
- Competitions are open to all UK residents (over the age of 18) unless otherwise stated, except our employees, the companies or organisations providing the competition or offer, their agents, or anyone directly connected with the promotion.
- Where a promoting company is responsible for the provision of the offer or prizes then the Website (Medilance (Guernsey) Ltd) will not be responsible for, or have any liability for, the provision of those offers or prizes.
- By entering our competitions and supplying your email address for the prize draws you are agreeing to receive our newsletters. You can unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions at the foot of the newsletter.
- To enter via Twitter, please follow the requested users and RT as a condition of entry if requested.
- We reserve the right to replace the stated prizes with other prizes that we consider to be of equivalent or greater value. We offer no cash alternative for non-cash prizes, and prize winners must accept prizes in the form offered. Prizes are not refundable or transferable.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is as stated for each individual competition. The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries, and will be notified by email.
- Details of the winner(s) can be obtained by contacting the promoter within 21 days of the closing date of the promotion.
- Details of all entries will be kept on a database and will not be passed to third parties except the competition promoter. They will be used by the Website to enable analysis or the processing of the competition and prize fulfilment.
- All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise which may include their name.
- We reserve the right to disqualify or not award a prize to an entrant who in our opinion has not entered into the spirit of these terms and conditions or the intention of the competition.
- By entering competitions you are agreeing to receive details of future related content from the Website. If you do not want to receive any further information from us then please send your name and email to email@example.com or unsubscribe via the instructions at the bottom of each newsletter.
Information and Availability
- Always seek individual advice about any medical condition, health symptoms and their treatment from your own doctor.
- While we take all reasonable care to ensure that the information provided by the Website is accurate and complete, you are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it.
• We will take reasonable care to ensure that the Website is uninterrupted and that transmissions are error-free. Your access to the Website may be suspended or restricted occasionally for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new software.
- The Website is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis without any warranties of any kind and to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- We provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality, and we will not be held liable for any inaccuracy or omission in the information provided on the Website.
- We accept no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
- The Website may invite you to comment on articles. By contributing you are granting us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free licence to store your Contributions on our servers and to display the Contributions on the Website. We cannot promise that we will use all Contributions provided to us.
The copyright and all other rights in and to the Website and all the content featured on the Website from time to time are owned by Medilance (Guernsey) Limited. As a user of the Website, you may store, print and display that content solely for your own personal use.
- If you wish to publish, distribute or reproduce any of that content in any way, please provide full credit and a link to the original article, and let us know via info@DrSarahBrewer.com.
- You may not use any content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise except with our permission.
Links to other websites, references to other products and services
The Website will offer you links to third party websites. While we hope you will be interested in these other sites, you acknowledge that they are independent from us and we do not necessarily endorse, or accept any responsibility or liability for, their content, practices, terms and conditions or suitability.
The inclusion of a link to other sites on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Cookies help us to provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
- We reserve the right to change the Website, its Content or these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- You will be bound by any changes to the Terms from the first time you use the Website following the changes. By continuing to use the Website you will be deemed to have accepted these changes.
- If you disagree with the Terms, or any revisions of them, please discontinue your use of the Website.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Website and its Content at their own risk.
- Information provided about products, health and lifestyle advice is intended to be used for educational or informational purposes only. The statements and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease.
- Please consult with your own doctor or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made on the Website.
Except as specifically set out in these Terms, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
We are not responsible or liable for events beyond our direct control. We cannot guarantee nor do we represent that our performance will be error free.
Notwithstanding the above, nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes our liability for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to limit or exclude, or attempt to limit or exclude, our liability.
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
You agree to indemnify and keep us indemnified against any damage, loss, liability or cost reasonably incurred by us resulting from any breach of these Terms by you or any claims or legal proceedings brought or threatened against us as a result of your use of the Website.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall confer any rights upon any third party. The agreement created by these Terms and Conditions is between you and us.
All notices or communications shall be given to us either by post to our premises (see address below) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Such notice will be deemed received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next working day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and Medilance (Guernsey) Ltd shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of Guernsey and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Guernsey. In the event that any term of these Terms & Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms will remain valid and enforceable.
Medilance (Guernsey) Ltd is a company registered in Guernsey with registered company number: 43360 and registered address at Casablanca, St Martin, Guernsey, GY4.
We may collect the following information if you provide it:
- Your name
- Comments you submit to the website
- Contact information including email address
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting through our Newsletter, using the email address which you have provided. You may unsubscribe to these emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained within the email.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Medilance (Guernsey) Ltd is registered as a data controller with the Office Of The Data Protection Commissioner, Guernsey. Our registration number is 011851.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2001. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Medilance (Guernsey) Ltd at the address above, or email email@example.com.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us at the address above and we will promptly correct or delete the information as requested.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated November 2017